*feature image used with permission of javapresse.com*
Product: Java Presse Manual Coffee Grinder
Overall rank: #1 in Manual Coffee Grinders
- 15 click settings adjustable to get the perfect grind for whatever coffee you prefer to brew
- Lightweight and sleek looking
- Take it anywhere
- Stainless steel
- No batteries or power cords
- Ceramic burr grinder
- Clear window to see coffee as you grind
- Very quiet!
Best Price: $23.99
Where to Buy: Amazon.com
One of the keys to making “gourmet” coffee at home is to grind it yourself right before brewing. However, in order to do that you have to have a grinder that is gives you consistent grind. This manual coffee grinder allows you to make a delicious cup of coffee in the comfort of your own home.
For many years I have been using an electric grinder to grind coffee. However I consistently got inconsistent grind. I was sick and tired trying to guess on how long to grind for my French Press coffee which requires coarse grounds. It seemed like no matter what, I always had spots that were too fine and other spots too chunky.
I asked for a new coffee grinder for Christmas. We did a lot of research and came across the Java Presse Manual Coffee Grinder. We purchased it and have been using it now for about 3 months.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR?
This coffee grinder is perfect for those who:
- want consistent grind for making coffee
- want the option of using their own grinder when traveling
- do not want the hassle of power cords or batteries
- want a product with a 365 day money back guarantee
- want a company with excellent customer service
- want a product that is easy to use
- are only making a small pot of coffee (2-3 cups)
- do not mind doing the extra step of grinding for freshness
- want to effortlessly and precisely grind their own freshly roasted coffee beans
- want to enjoy the most delicious cup in the comfort of their own home!
Here are some key features of this product:
- This coffee grinder is small and lightweight. It is only 1.8x 1.8 x 7.5 inches and weighs 9.4 ounces.
- Its body made of stainless steel.
- A quote from the website about the grinder
The ceramic conical burr assembly in our grinder uses a dual plate system, allowing one burr to stay stationary while the other spins. This leads to superior consistency, and was researched vigorously across 34 different competitors to ensure the most precise grind possible
- Very quiet
- A full hopper yields about 3 cups of coffee
- Rated #1 on Amazon and is “Amazon’s Choice”
PROS vs CONS
- The adjustment dial is hard to get used to for the feel of the “clicks”, but once you are used to it, it is easy to do
- You may have to do a couple of test runs to find how many “click” leads to your desired grind.
- Consistent grind- (it will never be perfect like a store bought coffee can grind, but it is very close!)
- Stainless steel construction
- Clear window to watch coffee grind level
- No batteries or power cords
- Ergonomically designed/easy to crank
- Easy to transfer grinds from grinder container into coffee making appliance
- Easy to set up
- How-to-brew coffee guide included
- 365 day 100% money back guarantee
- Top notch customer service!
We really like this Java Presse manual coffee grinder and would recommend it to everyone.
It is so easy to use that even my 4-year old wants to help. It is NOT recommended to let children use it, but he loves grinding and does a good job when I let him do it.
Great grind but it DOES take some time! It can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes to grind coffee depending on how full the hopper is (the top part) and the grind you choose. For example, I put in 30g of organic dark roast coffee (the hopper is full) at coarse grind and it takes me about 5 minutes.
The grind is very consistent, but it will never be 100% of the time like those cans of ground coffee from the store.
When I first got the grinder, I was not sure if it was worth grinding. I was skeptical. But now I think it is well worth the time and it is good exercise!
In my opinion, the coffee tastes WAY better than when I used an electric grinder.
I do recommend reading the directions thoroughly and watching the video that is sent when you purchase the product.
The customer service is outstanding. If you have ANY problems or questions about the product contact the company and they will help you. All my questions were answered